Counselling for whom Husband /wife or in laws ?

 I am Muslim married lady doctor, hailing from Eluru in South India I am married to a n Engineer in Chennai.he is 3 years elder to me. We are married for the past 4 years. I am facing the following problems , i would be very grateful if you can provide  counselling to me, the current scene is as  follows.


On 1 st day of our marriage, My husband has given mehr of Rs 7000/-( in Muslims we do not have dowry system. husband has to give mehr to wife and take her home on first night) on third day he asked me where is the mehr money.? "I replied this is with my Mother" he became furious and slapped me and told the money belongs to me, it should be with my mother not your mother.I brushed it aside thinking as a small incident.On 4 th day he took all my ornaments to his house, telling he doesn't believe in my parents. He left me in my house, telling that you come and join me after one week. 

I am working in a hospital , where I have 12 to 14 hours duty. I do not  have any more energy  to work for my house. or in laws.. In this condition we did not have first night for 3 months.We finally planned one day,. my husband came on that night and asked me "Did you argue with my mother?" I was about explain he continuously slapped me and hit me with his belt my nose was injured. The whole body was full of strap marks.my husband told me not to go to hospitals  next day as the marks were visible..He cried  and confessed and told that he will not repeat this behavior.

This epsiodes of my husband ill treating me and physical abuse is repeating for the last 3 years. Last month the height of my agony  came when he kicked me and broke my leg,.when i was hospitalized for 30 days he did not come nor he pone me up.,My parents came and settled the whole bill. 
I need counselling help to manage myself in such situation



Comments